By: Virtua WGR Fitness Staff
– Stand tall with your feet hip-distance apart. Your hips, knees, and toes should all be facing forward. (Hold dumbbells in hands to make it harder).
– Bend your knees and extend your buttocks backward as if you are going to sit back into a chair. Make sure that you keep your knees behind your toes and your weight in your heels. Rise back up and repeat.
Shoulder Overhead Press
– Start with feet hip-distance apart. Bring elbows out to the side creating a goal post position with arms, dumbbells are at the side of the head, and abdominals are tight.
– Press dumbbells slowly up until arms are straight. Slowly return to starting position with control. If desired, you can also perform this exercise seated in a chair or on a stability ball with feet wide.
Single Leg Hamstring Bridge
– Lay on back with bent knees hip-distance apart, and feet flat on mat.
– Squeeze glutes and lift hips off the mat into a bridge. Lower and lift the hips for 8-12 reps then repeat on the other side.
– Kneel on your mat.
– Reach one arm long, draw in the abdominals, and extend the opposite leg long behind you.
– Repeat 8 to 12 times then switch sides.
Want more workout tips? We have personal trainers who can help you get the results you want. Visit our Member Services desk to explore our personal training options.
MyFitRx pathways are designed to help improve the level of physical activity in individuals living with chronic disease, managing medical conditions or who need additional support. We achieve this through healthcare provider-based referrals and guided exercise by our fitness specialists, who hold degrees and national accredited certifications in health and fitness.
To learn more about MyFitRX®, please visit the Member Services Desk.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails